Taiwan/ROC-PIF Scholarship Scheme
Citizens of FORUM ISLAND COUNTRIES (FICs) are invited to apply for scholarships under the Taiwan/ROC-Pacific Islands Forum Scholarship Scheme. Scholarships will be awarded for FULL TIME studies at certificate, diploma undergraduate or postgraduate levels within the specified priority fields. Awards are tenable at accredited tertiary institutions in FICs and Taiwan/Republic of China (Taiwan/ROC, where the academic year begins in September). The list of eligible institutions is available below.
Covers tuition fees, text book, living and accommodation allowances (*special conditions apply for the accommodation allowance), medical allowance (in the case of Taiwan/ROC, medical insurance), and one return economy airfare to the country of study. Note: There are no allowances for dependants.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS – Applicants must:
- be a citizen of a Forum Island Country and a resident in a Forum Island Country for five years prior to application, excluding years of study overseas
- be applying to commence a new programme of study and not be seeking support for study already commenced
- have been accepted into a programme of study and institution, or should show proof of application when requested. If you’re provided a conditional scholarship offer, you MUST confirm an offer of placement no later than January 2019 (for study in Taiwan/ROC, June 2019). Your offer will be suspended if you do not have a confirmed placement by this time.
- be under 35 years old for undergraduate courses or under 40 years old for postgraduate courses
- be in good health, and not hold a criminal record
- be able to take up the award within the scholarship year
- not be under any bonding requirements at the commencement of this award
PRIORITY FIELDS – Please refer to the Country Priority Fields PDF below for your country for 2019. In addition to the Country Priority Fields, the Scholarship Scheme will also consider applications for study in the fields of agriculture, aquaculture, and vocational training.
SELECTION CRITERIA – Selection will be on the basis of fulfillment of the eligibility requirements and merit within the priority fields of each country. Gender equity will also be considered.
PROCEDURE – Applicants should:
- obtain forms from your National Scholarship Office; download forms below, or collect forms from the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Suva, Fiji
- ensure that all sections of the application form is completed with certified supporting documents attached
- ensure that the completed application is endorsed by the National Scholarship Authority and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (or External Affairs) prior to submission to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
CLOSING DATE: Applications must reach the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva, FIJI; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, Friday 4 January 2019. Please clearly mark submission as ‘SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION’. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The Secretariat will ONLY contact successful applicants. Please provide contact details where you can be reached.
- Applicants are encouraged to select their preferred institution of study. However, the scheme makes the final decision on the selected institution of study for successful applicants.
Direct Enquiries to: Mr. Sumeet Naidu; tel: (679) 9357578; email: email@example.com
Download these forms to apply: