As Pacific peoples, our values will guide our collective action in delivering the 2050 Strategy
- We recognise regional cooperation and our shared commitment to work together, as an important platform for achieving the greatest benefits for our people.
- We value and depend upon our vast ocean and our island resources and the integrity of our natural environment.
- We treasure the diversity and heritage of the Pacific and seek an inclusive future in which our faiths, cultural values, and traditional knowledge are respected, honoured and protected.
- We embrace good governance, the full observance of democratic principles and values, the rule of law, the defence and promotion of all human rights, gender equality, and commitment to just societies.
- We ensure peaceful, safe, and stable communities and countries, ensuring robust security and wellbeing for the peoples of the Pacific.
- We encourage innovation and creativity and respect our cultural values and traditional knowledge.
- We support full inclusivity, equity and equality for all peoples of the Pacific.
- We strive for effective, open and honest relationships and inclusive and enduring partnerships—based on mutual accountability and respect—with each other, within our sub-regions, within our region, and beyond.
- We recognise the importance of a regional architecture that includes the Pacific Islands Forum at the apex, and that works closely with regional, multilateral, and global partners.